Recipe Gallery app for iPhone and iPad
5344 ratings )
Food & Drink
Current version: 4.1
, last update: 1 week ago
First release : 21 May 2013
App size: 44.12 Mb
Save any recipe from magazines, cookbooks, recipe cards, and Web sites in less than a minute with little or no typing. Recipe Gallery is the fastest and most convenient way to save, find and use the recipes you love. Recipe Gallery uses the camera of your iPhone or iPad along with modern optical character recognition (OCR) to capture, index, and store recipes in an easy to search and use image format. It also captures and saves recipes from the Web, making them a permanent part of your gallery.
Quickly save any recipe in one convenient format and place. Then find the recipe you need with a simple search that looks through the recipe name, ingredients, instructions, and any additional notes youve made. All your recipes are assessable even when you have no internet connection. As an iCloud enabled app on both the iPhone and iPad, you can view or capture a recipe at any time and still have large easy to read recipes on your iPad in the kitchen. You can print your recipes, and sharing them is easy with a simple tap and email. You can also share recipes directly with other Recipe Gallery users via AirDrop or email.
Store as many notes as you want along with any recipe. Save notes like nutritional information, alterations and improvements, or the date you served it last. All the notes are searchable and easy to edit.
• Little or no typing, capture a recipe in seconds with the iPhone or iPad camera
• Built in Web browser to capture recipes from the Web
• Quickly add recipe bookmarks to Recipe Gallery while browsing in Safari
• Type recipes from scratch, dictate them, or copy and paste text from other apps
• iCloud support for recipe sync between devices and also provides a safe backup of your recipes
• One app runs on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, nothing more to buy
• Simple to understand help videos to get you started quickly
• Import PDF files from the Web, email, or any place your iOS device can access
• Create custom categories and arrange them in any order you wish
• Assign your recipes to multiple categories and view them sorted by name, date or rating
• Automatic OCR indexing of recipes
• Search for ingredients, even for recipes captured with the camera
• Share recipes via email, AirDrop or print directly from your iPhone or iPad
• Full multitasking support of Slide Over and Split View on the newer iPads and iPad Pros
• Three color themes
Pros and cons of Recipe Gallery app for iPhone and iPad
Recipe Gallery app good for
Ive been using this App for some time and Im addicted. I have input recipes into the app using the suggested modes of transfer and all have worked with no issues.
I like the edit function of categories and have added a few of my own. As well, the recipe script enlarges to fit iPad screen which is great during preparation.
The watercolour is a wonderful and classy touch. Im recommending this App to friends!
The ease of use and the e-mail feature adds to the enjoyment of the App. Highly recommended:)
I love this app. Ive tried about 10 different ones that cost more money and this one is the best. A suggestion though, it would nice to have a planned recipe list in the app that you can drop the recipes into which you are planning to make for a certain occasion so you dont have to scroll through all the recipes again to find them. The other option would be to have bookmarks. Thats the only knock I have with the app.
Love this app, easy to take pictures of old recipes already collected!
Love this app, was able to add a recipe in my Grandmothers handwriting and just as easily download from the Internet.
I download, try it , annotate or discard as required. I like the ability to personalize the categories and so cross reference by ingredient for example.
Perfect for capturing all of my old paper recipes, as well as new ones from the web.
Easy to use. Makes cooking fun!
Talk about easy! Love that when Ive copied something to the clipboard the app automatically asks me if Id like to create a recipe. The display is also nice. Highly recommended.
Some bad moments
Sucks! Clunky, time consuming, does not save time and is terrible to work with. Waste of money! Dont buy
Great app, loving it, except theres an issue with the website capture.
I loved it at first sight, but then some recipes disappeared. Nothing as annoying as having to recreate them. I’m waiting for a bug fix to give more stars.
The app just make screenshot from the website, it doesnt save it as text. Very disappointed as I need exactly this function.
App works great!
However, you should be able to back out of last website to previous site, rather than having to actually re-type the site yourself (if youre able to remember it)!
Also, would be wonderful if available on Laptop as well, for iCloud/typing purposes.